Steve and Lynn Burroughs - 2612 Stagecoach Rd., Webster City, IA The Burroughs purchased the farm six years ago (2001). Since then they have been busy restoring the barn.
It originally had one large cupola on the roof line. When they put the tin on in 2005 they found the two current cupolas five miles west of Iowa City on a barn that had caved-in. One of the cupolas had over 80 bullet holes in it that had to be filled prior to installation.
The Christeson family lived there from 1956-1979, and from photos one can see that “Knob Hill” was painted on the barn.
The Burrough family plans to repaint that name on the barn.
The original function of the barn was for dairy and farm use. It was constructed in 1911 with a cement foundation and wooden frame. It contains milking stanchions, rooms and hay mow. A tin roof was finished in 2005 and today is used for storage.